Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 pound ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
garlic salt, to taste
1 jar Ragu (your favorite flavor), 1 1b. 10 oz
1 12 to 16 oz. bag of egg noodles, divided in half
8 oz. bag of shredded Italian cheese
24 oz. container of 4% milkfat cottage cheese
8 oz. bag of shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Brown beef until almost fully cooked then add onions and garlic salt. Cook until meat is no longer pink.
3. Drain beef and return it to the pan. Add Ragu and heat thoroughly.
4. Meanwhile cook egg noodles two minutes shy of suggested al dente time.
5. Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick spray and evenly pour the sauce mixture into the dish.
6. On top of the sauce, evenly spread the Italian cheese.
7. On top of the Italian cheese, evenly spread half of the egg noodles. So far your layers should look like this.
8. Spoon the cottage cheese evenly over the noodles. So far your layers should look like the picture below.
9. Next, add the remaining noodles in an even layer. Your layers should look similar to the picture below.
10. Place 1/2 cup of water in the Ragu jar. Shake it up and pour over the noodles.
11. Top with the mozzarella cheese
12. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the cover and bake a final 15 minutes.
13. When you remove the pasta bake from the oven it should look like the picture below. Enjoy!