These are soft banana cookies that are great to take to family gatherings. This recipe is also a way to use up those browning bananas sitting on your counter top. Try the recipe with the Splenda Sugar Blend. You will NOT be able to tell that you didn't use just sugar. Seriously. If you don't believe me I added the proper measurements for using real sugar. You are going to love these cookies!
SOFT BANANA WALNUT COOKIES WITH SPLENDA SUGAR BLEND
Makes: 40 cookies
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 10 mins.
1 cup applesauce (Two 4-ounce individual applesauce cups work great!)
1/4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking (or a half-cup of sugar)
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (place in a Ziploc and crush a bit)
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, stir applesauce, Splenda Sugar Blend, and brown sugar.
3. Add in the bananas, walnuts, egg whites, and vanilla.
4. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt.
5. Stir flour mixture into the sugar mixture and blend well.
6. Scoop batter onto cooking sheet sprayed with Pam. Space cookies about 3 inches apart using a spoon.
7. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
8. Cool on a wire rack.
9. Let the cookies cool and coat with your favorite icing, glaze, confectioners sugar, or leave them plain. They're just as tasty without any icing.
Other Options: Add a half a cup of walnuts or chocolate chips...or both.