This recipe can be easily be adjusted to the level of spiciness you prefer. I listed my favorite brands and varieties for this recipe. All of the colors from the peppers, tomatoes, and onions create a pretty presentation. Enjoy!
SPICY TURKEY SMOKED SAUSAGE AND FETTUCINE DINNER
Makes: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 package of Hillshire Farm Lite Turkey Smoked Sausage, sliced into bite-size pieces
2 14 ½ ounce cans of Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Zesty Jalapenos (other varieties and brands work well also)
1 pound package of Birds Eye Pepper Stir-Fry
1 box of fettucine noodles
1. Cook the fettucine noodles according to the directions.
2. In the meantime, cook the kielbasa according to the directions on the package.
3. Add in the Stir-Fry, stirring occasionally until thoroughly heated.
4. Add in the diced tomatoes and simmer until heated.
5. Pour the sausage and tomatoes over the noodles and enjoy!
Other Options: Use Lite Polska Kielbasa instead of the turkey sausage for another lean option. There are tons of tomato flavors to choose from if the jalapeno tomatoes are too spicy. Not spicy enough? Try Del Monte’s (or other brand) mild green chile diced tomatoes and hot smoked sausage to add more heat.