SLOWER COOKER POTATOES AU GRATIN
5 pounds red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
12 Tbsp. butter
9 Tbsp. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. + 1/4 tsp. black pepper
4 1/2 cups milk
8 oz. bag of shredded mild cheddar cheese
8 oz. bag of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz. bag of shredded Colby Jack cheese
Step 1: Preparing the Potatoes
1. Boil potatoes over medium heat, uncovered for about 10 minutes (until partially done, still firm in center).
2. Drain and rinse potatoes in cold water and set aside.
Step 2: Preparing the Cheese Sauce
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
3. Slowly add milk and stir contantly until sauce starts to thicken.
4. Add in cheese one bag at a time, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
Step 3: Putting It All Together
1. Spray inside of slow cooker with nonstick spray.
2. Place a layer of potatoes along the bottom of the slow cooker.
3. Cover with a layer of cheese sauce.
4. Add your next layer of potatoes, followed by cheese sauce and continue in this fashion.
5. End with a layer of cheese sauce.
6. Place in slow cooker set on 'high' for 2-3 hours. Potatoes will be tender when ready.