Warning! These are rich and addictive!
PEANUT BUTTER BALLS
Prep Time: 2 hours 20 minutes (includes 2 hours of chill time)
Cook Time: 30 seconds
Yields: Approximately 50 balls.
1 c. chunky peanut butter (creamy will work as well)
3 1/2 c. confectioners sugar (almost a one-pound box)
2/3 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 tsp. shortening
4 oz. semisweet chocolate, broken into chunks
1. Mix together peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla.
2. Chill mixture in refrigerator for 2 hours.
3. Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
4. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls.
5. Melt the shortening and chocolate in microwave on high for 30 seconds, or until melted.
6. Dip balls into chocolate mixture and place on wax paper.
7. Chill in refrigerator.